Exploring Madison's Music Scene
Aug 22, 2013
09:44 AMLocal Sounds
Stoughton Opera House Announces 2013-2014 Calendar
The Stoughton Opera House announced its 2013-14 lineup. Former Men at Work front man Colin Hay will open a spectacular season of performances September 13. Hay just appeared at the Folks Festival in Colorado while I was visiting and he still has his golden voice and sharp wit.
Other highlights of the season include Rickie Lee Jones who will appear November 21 and Roger McGuinn on May 2, 2014. The schedule also includes Emo Philips, Cowboy Junkies, Judy Collins and Josh Ritter.
Several local acts will also appear during this impressive season led by Paul Otteson and Faux Fawn October 5. Otteson also directs the Fox Prairie Elementary students who will present Beauty and the Beast January 28 and 29.
Below are the rest of the local acts who will appear:
- Ladies Must Swing, November 3
- Count This Penny, November 8
- Tani Diakite & the Afrofunkstars, November 9
- Willy Porter, November 23
- Madison Brass Band, January 25
- Back to the Country Review (Bill and Bobby Malone, Richard Wiegel & the Kristy Larson Honky Tonk Trio), February 7
- Stoughton Chamber Singers, June 1
- Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society, June 20 and 27
The Stoughton Opera House is a true gem of a facility. It was constructed in 1900 and closed in 1950. The structure was nearly razed in the 1980s but was saved and restored, reopening in 2001. With its charm and fine acoustics, the Stoughton Opera House should be experienced by all.
You can become a friend and supporter of the Stoughton Opera House by clicking here.